Tuesday, 3 November 2009
Thursday, 4 June 2009
- From the root site collection click: Site Actions > Site Settings > Modify All Site Settings
- Under Galleries select Master pages and page layouts . This takes you to the master page gallery which stores master pages. The master pages in this gallery are available to this site and any sites underneath it.
- Click in Settings > Document Library Settings
- Under Permissions and Management select Permissions for this document library
- You need allow Read access to users and/or groups of users who need to be able to Create Pages.
- In my situation we added a custom SharePoint Group. However note the screen grab below, it shows the default setup.
- In may be easy to inherit from the Parent (Actions > Inherit Permissions) and then remove the ones you don’t need.
Wednesday, 27 May 2009
Tuesday, 26 May 2009
There is a small bug in MOSS SP2 that will turn your MOSS license from a fully paid version to a trial one :-). Don't worry it doesn't cause any other problems. Details of how to fix the the issue can be found under KB Article ID: 971620
. But here is a short summary:
- Browse to Central Administration
- Click on the Windows Start Menu
- Click Administrative Tools
- Click SharePoint 3.0 Central Administration
- Click on the Operations tab
- Click on Convert License Type
- In the Enter the Product Key textbox, type in your product identification number and click okay.
- The License Synchronizer Job will execute on all machines in the farm after a few moments. Once all machines have updated their license from the timer job, the Convert License Type page will reflect the correct license.
Tuesday, 19 May 2009
Friday, 15 May 2009
- Visual Search
I guess you select or upload an image and it will go and find similar pictures.
- Conversation Search.
Audio file is uploaded, speech to text translation takes place allowing search to find words in the file.
Monday, 11 May 2009
stsadm -o createweb -url http://litwaredemo/sites/EasternConference/AtlanticDivision -sitetemplate SPSSITE#0 -title "Atlantic Division"
However I got back an error saying :
File or arguments not valid for site template SPSSITE#0
I realised the problem was I forgot the last “S” just before the # for the site template. But rather then completely failing SharePoint partially created the web. So after fixing the syntax error I first had to delete the web before running the command again.
Friday, 8 May 2009
Thursday, 23 April 2009
- SharePoint Foundation Server
- SharePoint Foundation Server 2010
- SharePoint Foundation Services
- SharePoint Foundation Services 2010
Tuesday, 21 April 2009
I’ve spoken to a few people in the SharePoint community about FAST and I am not surpirsed that most know nothing or very little about it. My reasoning is that it is expensive and hard to get hold of, last time I looked you couldn’t download it. Anyway I look forward to the blogs by Natalya Voskresenskaya.
Friday, 17 April 2009
- Will include a LMS within its first service pack
- A new content type will be Multimedia (Video and Audio)
- Records Management will be very different - better
- W3C standards support will be much better - it couldn't get worse could it?
Oh and the learning curve will be as steep as MOSS!
Office 2010 — including Office Web applications, SharePoint Server 2010... will enter a technical preview in the third quarter of 2009 and will release to manufacturing in the first half of 2010.
I take this to mean that some Gold Partners will have SharePoint 2010 before the technical preview.
Thursday, 16 April 2009
Wednesday, 15 April 2009
Don’t try to acronym Microsoft SharePoint Server to MSS since MSS is already taken by Microsoft Search Server. Just remember, SharePoint is SharePoint is SharePoint.
So remember SharePoint is SharePoint.
Monday, 13 April 2009
Friday, 3 April 2009
Wednesday, 1 April 2009
Sunday, 29 March 2009
I recently twittered (@RandyPerkins) about the release of Microsoft Commerce Server 2009. I can't compare it to any ecommerce packages around at the moment as I haven't used any, however when I last looked at MCS or whatever it was called it compared well. I can only imagine that it now is even more competitive.
Time to build a dev server and test it out.
Friday, 20 March 2009
As for Office Communication Server I see this being rebranded Office Unified Communciations and being released in 2010 also.
"From a strategy perspective, the next big innovation milestone is Office 14, our next Office release, which will not be this year, there's a version of Sharepoint, there's a version of Exchange, there's a new version of Office Live,"
Wednesday, 18 March 2009
But we will have to wait tw0 weeks to be 100% sure.
Saturday, 7 March 2009
I predict that the SharePoint Designer vNext will be split into two versions. They are:
- SharePoint Designer
- SharePoint Designer for Workflow
SharePoint Designer for Workflow will as the name suggests be a dedicated GUI package for creating workflows.
I predict some of the vendors who have made money from "low end" workflow products will exit the market. However the bigger guys will use it as an opportunity to focus on other areas of BPM.
Saturday, 28 February 2009
I would rather use a beta of Windows 7 every day than SharePoint Designer for 10 mins.
Wednesday, 11 February 2009
What I want now is Microsoft to acknowledge those of us who have a real interest in metadata, search, taxonomies, etc and release an exam. They hinted here https://www.quickstartmicrosoftsearch.com/login/signin.aspx there would be one but so far no sign of it.
Oh and I shouldn’t talk about search without mentioning Google. Yes they are the leaders of search but they don’t have the whole package.