Tuesday, 3 November 2009
Thursday, 4 June 2009
- From the root site collection click: Site Actions > Site Settings > Modify All Site Settings
- Under Galleries select Master pages and page layouts . This takes you to the master page gallery which stores master pages. The master pages in this gallery are available to this site and any sites underneath it.
- Click in Settings > Document Library Settings
- Under Permissions and Management select Permissions for this document library
- You need allow Read access to users and/or groups of users who need to be able to Create Pages.
- In my situation we added a custom SharePoint Group. However note the screen grab below, it shows the default setup.
- In may be easy to inherit from the Parent (Actions > Inherit Permissions) and then remove the ones you don’t need.
Wednesday, 27 May 2009
Tuesday, 26 May 2009
There is a small bug in MOSS SP2 that will turn your MOSS license from a fully paid version to a trial one :-). Don't worry it doesn't cause any other problems. Details of how to fix the the issue can be found under KB Article ID: 971620
. But here is a short summary:
- Browse to Central Administration
- Click on the Windows Start Menu
- Click Administrative Tools
- Click SharePoint 3.0 Central Administration
- Click on the Operations tab
- Click on Convert License Type
- In the Enter the Product Key textbox, type in your product identification number and click okay.
- The License Synchronizer Job will execute on all machines in the farm after a few moments. Once all machines have updated their license from the timer job, the Convert License Type page will reflect the correct license.
Tuesday, 19 May 2009
Friday, 15 May 2009
- Visual Search
I guess you select or upload an image and it will go and find similar pictures.
- Conversation Search.
Audio file is uploaded, speech to text translation takes place allowing search to find words in the file.