There is a small bug in MOSS SP2 that will turn your MOSS license from a fully paid version to a trial one :-). Don't worry it doesn't cause any other problems. Details of how to fix the the issue can be found under KB Article ID: 971620
. But here is a short summary:
- Browse to Central Administration
- Click on the Windows Start Menu
- Click Administrative Tools
- Click SharePoint 3.0 Central Administration
- Click on the Operations tab
- Click on Convert License Type
- In the Enter the Product Key textbox, type in your product identification number and click okay.
- The License Synchronizer Job will execute on all machines in the farm after a few moments. Once all machines have updated their license from the timer job, the Convert License Type page will reflect the correct license.