Monday, 11 May 2009

STSADM -sitetemplate

I noticed something odd today while trying to create a web using stsadm. I ran the following:

stsadm -o createweb -url http://litwaredemo/sites/EasternConference/AtlanticDivision -sitetemplate SPSSITE#0 -title "Atlantic Division"

However I got back an error saying :

File or arguments not valid for site template SPSSITE#0

I realised the problem was I forgot the last “S” just before the # for the site template. But rather then completely failing SharePoint partially created the web. So after fixing the syntax error I first had to delete the web before running the command again.

No comments: