Ok this has very little to do with SharePoint but worth trying to catch if you can: www.microsoft.com/uk/technet/govirtual
Wednesday, 27 May 2009
Tuesday, 26 May 2009
There is a small bug in MOSS SP2 that will turn your MOSS license from a fully paid version to a trial one :-). Don't worry it doesn't cause any other problems. Details of how to fix the the issue can be found under KB Article ID: 971620
. But here is a short summary:
- Browse to Central Administration
- Click on the Windows Start Menu
- Click Administrative Tools
- Click SharePoint 3.0 Central Administration
- Click on the Operations tab
- Click on Convert License Type
- In the Enter the Product Key textbox, type in your product identification number and click okay.
- The License Synchronizer Job will execute on all machines in the farm after a few moments. Once all machines have updated their license from the timer job, the Convert License Type page will reflect the correct license.
Tuesday, 19 May 2009
Friday, 15 May 2009
- Visual Search
I guess you select or upload an image and it will go and find similar pictures.
- Conversation Search.
Audio file is uploaded, speech to text translation takes place allowing search to find words in the file.
Monday, 11 May 2009
stsadm -o createweb -url http://litwaredemo/sites/EasternConference/AtlanticDivision -sitetemplate SPSSITE#0 -title "Atlantic Division"
However I got back an error saying :
File or arguments not valid for site template SPSSITE#0
I realised the problem was I forgot the last “S” just before the # for the site template. But rather then completely failing SharePoint partially created the web. So after fixing the syntax error I first had to delete the web before running the command again.